sweet potato, kale, & avocado salad + Simple ebook

kale-sweet-potato-salad

Two exciting things:

sweet potato & kale salad,
and…my first ebook!

The salad (recipe at the end of the post) , is included  in my first eBook:

Here’s a sneak peak of what you’ll get in Simple.

You get:

• 55 pages
  • 15 recipes
  • an interactive PDF ebook

All recipes are vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, soy-free.

The beauty of these recipes is that they’re REAL!

I feed this stuff to my kids, my husband and myself. I’m on a budget, I don’t have a ton of time for frilly recipes (although I do like a little frill on the weekends or for special occasions), yet at the same time I want my food to be fresh, delicious, and simple. My recipes, I hope, reflect this philosophy.

Included with each recipe:

a full color photo (so you can see how delicious what you’re making will be),
basic nutrition information including weight watcher plus points per serving,
plus, personal notes and tips from muah.

The list of recipes include:

nutty-caramel-popcorn nutty caramel corn
(the most deliciously addictive stuff, I must warn you)

brocolli-salad-2

raw broccoli salad

savory-roasted-autumn-vegetables2

savory autumn roasted vegetables

3-types-of-hummus-2

hummus 3 ways–oil-free/tahini-free, tahini, & basic

gazpacho-soup

gazpacho soup

And the list goes on.

You’ll also get recipes for:

blueberry chia freeze
cinnabun steel cut oats
chocolate banana quinoa chia porridge
hummus wraps
quesadillas
Cuban black beans
lime cilantro rice
avocado salsa

and

this,

sweet potato, kale, & avocado salad & vegan sweet cashew dressing

Yield: about 14 cups, 4 servings

Serving Size: 4 1/2 cups

Calories per serving: 255

Fat grams per serving: 5

sweet potato, kale, & avocado salad & vegan sweet cashew dressing

simple kale & sweet potato salad with a creamy vegan dressing

Ingredients

• 3 sweet potatoes
  • 10 c. chopped raw kale
  • 2 cucumbers, peeled
  • 1/2 bunch cilantro
  • 3-4 green onions
  • 1/2 avocado
  • for the dressing
  • 3/4 c. raw cashews
  • 1 c. water
  • 1/3 c. agave | or honey
  • 1 1/2 TBS. raw apple cider vinegar
  • 1/8 tsp. salt

Instructions

1. Peel & CUT the sweet potatoes into bite size chunks (not too small, though).
  2. Steam them in a steam basket (on high) with the lid on for about 7 minutes. You want the potatoes to be cooked, but firm (definitely not mushy at all).
  3. Cut cucumbers into small cube-ish pieces (but again, not too small).
  4. Chop half your cilantro, and slice your green onions.
  5. Place washed & dried, chopped kale in large bowl.
  6. Add cucumbers, cilantro, onions & sweet potatoes.
  7. Top with sliced avocado.
  8. For dressing, combine all ingredients & blend on high until very smooth.
  9. Dress the salad (using all or only a portion of dressing), or leave it on the side for people to decide how much they want.

Additional Nutrition Info: 9 g protein, 50 g carb, 91 mg sodium, 11 g fiber, 5 g sugar; 2 TBS. dressing adds 52 calories, 2 g fat, 1 g protein, 5 g carb, .2 g fiber, 6 g sugar

Whatcha waiting for?

Get your copy of Simple, here. Yipee!

Comments

1. Rachel Crosby
    on April 13, 2015 at 6:09 pm said:

Oh my word!!! I just made this and it is soooo good!!!! The salad dressing exceeded my expectations.

2. Pingback: Easy Sweet Potato, Kale & Avocado Salad Recipe – Breast Cancer Authority

3. Nancy
    on January 19, 2014 at 9:18 am said:

Would love to receive the free ebook…your recipes look amazing! Thank you.

4. April
    on October 13, 2013 at 12:33 pm said:

Very excited to see your other ebooks are coming too! I downloaded this one-is there a way to keep it on a device? I have found that a lot of these downloadable ebooks you can view once and then they somehow disappear and you’d have to redownload them to read them again. Any tips? Thanks!

5. Sabrina
    on October 11, 2013 at 10:50 am said:

I am salivating just looking at all this amazing food! I am so excited for you. What a wonderful project to take on. Thanks for so generously sharing with us!

6. Katie Lorsch
    on October 10, 2013 at 6:25 pm said:

This is so generous of you Janae! I am so SO excited. I can’t wait to support you in the future 🙂

on October 10, 2013 at 6:30 pm said:

Katie, you are such a sweetie. I hope you enjoy!

7. narf7
    on October 10, 2013 at 4:16 pm said:

It certainly brought a smile to my dial when I found your amazing website via Somer (from Vedged Out). I not only get a wonderful free e-book of fantastic recipes but I also get another great blog to tamp down into my overstuffed RSS Feed Reader to “smoke” at my leisure…nothing like a good overstuffed RSS Feed Reader to enliven the brain 🙂

8. Gabby @ the veggie nook
    on October 10, 2013 at 3:37 pm said:

Oh congratulations on the ebook! So exciting and I know everything in it will be delicious 🙂

on October 10, 2013 at 3:45 pm said:

Thank you Gabby!

9. Ashlee @ Plant Infusions
    on October 10, 2013 at 2:32 pm said:

Absolutely beautiful book, Janae.

Photography is amazing. Recipes look so satisfying and delicious. Well put together and reader-friendly format. I love your notes, and your honesty (I hate raw broccoli, too!). You do good work! It’s unique, and classy.

I anticipate the remainder of your books, and hope you keep going! What a needed contribution to the plant world, especially for mothers with young children. I would gladly pay good money for such hard work.

I will be cooking from your lovely book this week. Thank you again and I just am so thrilled you have chosen to do this!

on October 10, 2013 at 3:54 pm said:

Ashlee, thank you!

(so I’m guessing…no baby yet??? I hope you post as soon as you get a chance after you have the baby to let us know.)

I really need the encouragement, so thank you. This is sort of the biggest undertaking I’ve done in quite some time (maybe ever…) & to know I have you & other fantastic people cheering me on is the fuel I need. Also, since I’m a one woman show (editor, publisher, photographer, designer, etc.), I’m having to learn all sorts of stuff about technology that I have no formal training for. But, again, I think of you & other fabulous readers who believe in this, & what I’m doing.

Please feel free to give me any constructive feedback for recipes in the eBook. As I said to Alanna, the fun thing about this is I can make changes to the book at any time, if needed. And I really value your opinion & feedback as you ARE my target audience.

Hope you’re taking care & getting sleep while you can 🙂

ox

10. Joya
    on October 10, 2013 at 2:32 pm said:

Beautiful! I can’t wait to dig into these recipes; Thank you!

on October 10, 2013 at 3:56 pm said:

Thank you Joya. Hope you enjoy!

(& feel free to give any feedback, I value your opinion~ you’re one of my V.I.R.’s (very important readers)!

11. Etta
    on October 10, 2013 at 1:36 pm said:

It all looks and sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing your wonderful recipes!!! (you should definitely include your millet loaf recipe in one of your ebooks..m-m-mmmm..Rec and I still talk about how dang good that was!)

on October 10, 2013 at 2:10 pm said:

Etta, so nice to hear from you! Thanks for reminding me about the millet loaf. I wasn’t planning on including it in my book, but since you reminded me, I will add to the list. Thanks for your kind words, you’re a dear. Hope you’re doing well.

12. Cadry
    on October 10, 2013 at 1:03 pm said:

This is so awesome, Janae!! I can’t wait to check it out. Cinnabun Steel Cut Oats? I can tell this is going to be amazing!

on October 10, 2013 at 1:21 pm said:

Thank you Cadry. You’re very sweet.

13. Emma
    on October 10, 2013 at 12:29 pm said:

Huge congratulations! Judging by this beautiful salad, the book is going to gorgeous. Just downloaded it and will check it out shortly 🙂

on October 10, 2013 at 12:34 pm said:

Thank you, Emma.

14. Emily C.
    on October 10, 2013 at 12:17 pm said:

Congrats on finishing your first eBook! When you announced your ebooks, I was almost certain that I’d buy them; however, I appreciate a sample and a shorter wait. In our vegan, vegetarian, and omnivore household, I love finding simple family-approved recipes for my occasionally reluctant non-vegan eaters. THANKS!

on October 10, 2013 at 12:22 pm said:

“In our vegan, vegetarian, and omnivore household”
      I was certain there were more out there like me! So happy you commented & to know that there are others who are trying to balance a mixed household in the most painless way possible.

Please, if you have any feedback on any of the recipes, let me know. The fun thing about eBooks, is that since I’m the recipe developer, editor, & publisher, I can make changes/tweeks at any time.

15. Alanna
    on October 10, 2013 at 10:20 am said:

This is super exciting! I love seeing a faithful, wonderful momma doing amazing things. It’s inspiring.
    Can’t wait to dive into this book and try out some recipes. 🙂

on October 10, 2013 at 12:14 pm said:

Thanks Alanna! Hope you enjoy dear.

on October 10, 2013 at 9:20 am said:

Congrats Janae! So excited for you!!

on October 10, 2013 at 12:15 pm said:

Thank you Tanya. You’re the best.