{MM} Marvelous Mondays is back.

The sheer number of cool people in this world is staggering, when you think about it.

Which is why, I am (so) excited to get back to regular postings of the {MM} series.

I feel strongly that the mission of bring joy, in part, should be highlighting & sharing some of the amazing goodness that so many people are creating each day on the www.

SO here goes, for this week’s installment:

First:

You guys.

The discussion about body image on Friday was awesome. I’ve said this before, but your comments make my blog, a blog. I’m just sort of jabbering away & then you guys step in & make my posts really worth something. Many, many great points & insights.

Check out what people are saying here, & feel free to chime in & add to the discussion. I always love hearing what you have to say!

♥ One of bring joy‘s readers, Daisy, continues the body image discussion on her blog today, Yearning for a __-Free Life. Find the post, here.

♥ A dear friend from my college days, Deja, is picking up steam on her blog, Deja Vu–check it out. A recent post I think you should read, about adventures in frugality, here.

♥ Save $$ here: how to cook beans from scratch (pretty much all you need to know)

♥ I mentioned this before, but married lady friends, you *need* to read Meg‘s post about why you need to eschew the prudishness that can often come as a natural course of our busy modern lives (& childbearing/rearing), & make it a point to love your husband (ie. sex) every day.

Read the post here, & her follow up post especially for husbands, here.

Tips on how to travel smarter…not expensiver.

♥ Joseph & I watched Tess of the D’uberville’s (the BBC version) this weekend. I loved it (naturally, since the book is on my top 5 list). Joseph liked it too, but he prefers a happy ending. For myself, I do love a great sweeping, heart-wrenching tragedy, which Tess, most decidedly is.

♥ ♥ Currently reading: Housekeeping, by Marilyn Robinson

I don’t know why it has taken me so long to read this book. (I’m thoroughly enjoying it.) It makes me miss the Pacific Northwest. All those glorious trees. And rivers, & lakes.  I am enjoying the 60 & 70 degree weather in February, down here in San Antonio, but I still remain quite fond of the PNW.

to pin:
(all recipes are vegan & gluten-free)

split pea & edamame hummus
onion & sundried tomato almond dehydrator crackers

chocolate mint ice cream sandwiches (using quinoa flour)
lemon & vanilla cream sandwiches

honey mustard quinoa salad
samosa casserole

mac & cheese

♥ ♥ ♥

Have you read any good books lately? Watched any good movies?

Thanks for coming to bring joy today!

Did you know I’m also on twitterpinterest, & facebook?

Have a question for me, or just want to say hello,
send me an email.

Comments

1. Osvaldo
    on January 17, 2014 at 7:55 am said:

I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this
    post was good. I do not know who you are but certainly you’re going
    to a famous blogger if you are not already 😉 Cheers!

2. Dewitt
    on January 4, 2014 at 4:44 pm said:

Hello I am so thrilled I found your blog page, I really found you by accident,
    while I was researching on Bing for something else,
    Nonetheless I am here now and would just like to say cheers for a remarkable post and a all round enjoyable blog
    (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to read it all at the minute but I have book-marked it
    and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read more,
    Please do keep up the great jo.

3. cheats for moviestarplanet
    on December 26, 2013 at 4:07 am said:

Quality posts is the important to invite the people
    to pay a quick visit the website, that’s what this web page is providing.

4. weight loss tips
    on July 7, 2013 at 11:01 am said:

Hello there! I could have sworn I’ve been to this blog before but after checking through some of the post I realized it’s
    new to me. Nonetheless, I’m definitely happy I found it and I’ll be book-marking and checking back frequently!

5. Daisy
    on February 27, 2013 at 9:38 pm said:

Thanks for including me, Janae. I posted again on the topic of body image a bit today http://yearningforafreelife.blogspot.ca/2013/02/fashion-magazines-make-you-feel-fat.html . I’m seeing too many friends of mine with body image issues and feel the need to address it, it seems!

on March 1, 2013 at 10:25 am said:

Awesome, Daisy! Thanks for letting me know.

6. Melanie
    on February 21, 2013 at 12:44 pm said:

Ooh, I’m interested in trying those crackers! My midwife currently has me on a *very* restrictive diet right now and I can actually make these with only one slight modification! lol. It’s hard for me to find yummy foods I can actually eat these days!

I highly recommend the Muirwood Trilogy by Jeff Wheeler! They are awesome books! Medieval style setting, magic, adventure, action, a little (very clean) romance, friendship, courage, moral strength, and lots of neat insights! All *beautifully* written. In full disclosure, I do know the author, but I was truly surprised to discover he has such an amazing God-given talent to write when I discovered these books!

7. Lindsay
    on February 19, 2013 at 8:57 pm said:

We just watched Sleep Walk With Me and The Giant Mechanical Man – both really good and both on Netflix

8. Alissa N
    on February 19, 2013 at 8:56 am said:

Thank you so much for including me, and I am so excited for the return of MM!!! 🙂 You always find the best things in the webosphere!!

9. Joy
    on February 18, 2013 at 2:41 pm said:

Thank you for including me in this roundup, Janae! I’m thrilled to be in such great company. I love Meg’s posts, which I found through your links despite being a regular visitor to her blog. Thank you for your thoughtfully curated links. xo

10. April
    on February 18, 2013 at 1:10 pm said:

The link to the honey mustard salad goes to the samosa casserole. Are they the same recipe?

on February 18, 2013 at 2:04 pm said:

Fixed the link, April, thank you for the heads up.

11. janet @ the taste space
    on February 18, 2013 at 12:41 pm said:

Good links and tips. I recently read The Fortune Cookie Chronicles and really enjoyed it. Jiro Dreams of Sushi was a good movie… and just getting into Sherlock now that we’ve run out of Dexter and Drop Dead Diva episodes.

on February 18, 2013 at 1:00 pm said:

We watched Sherlock & loved it. Great actors & storylines, perhaps my favorite take on the Sherlock character so far.

12. Ashley F.
    on February 18, 2013 at 11:34 am said:

Great roundup! I’m excited about the dehydrator crackers!