{MM} Marvelous Mondays 8.27.2012

Thanks to my gracious friends who stepped in & shared while I was away.

Now I’m back, glad to get into a routine after over a month of living on the road.

Joseph left yesterday.
I think Friday & Saturday were the hardest, before he was even gone.  I cried, a lot.
One of the last things we did together was tuck our kids in bed.  Then I cut his overgrown hair. I watched the hair fall to the ground, the sound of the hair clippers buzz & thought it’s quite a thing to know you’re on your own with 4 kids.  To realize your best friend & support will not be by your side for a good long while.
I gave him a trim, clean cut.  3/4″ on top, 1/16 inch on bottom. Aside from the accidental thin line behind his ear, it’s probably the best work I’ve done to date.  Once Joseph was finally gone, I realized, hey, this is what it is.

There are a lot of great things about the next 3.5 months/15 weeks/2,520 hours.

I’m the one in charge now.
I can make whatever foods I want.  I can create the schedule.  I can do things my way.
It’s no replacement for a real, live husband, but since I am stuck with reality, I might as well revel in the positive.

I like control, now I have it~

Silver Falls, Mt. Rainier National Park

More things to share:

♥  What a way to make your kids smile.  I love this idea for fruit.

♥  A great site for discovering new, vegan recipes.

♥  A dozen+ easy snack ideas

&
just in time for back to school:
plant-powered lunch ideas

♥  Can you relate with Wendy?
She shares her ups & downs with a plant-based approach, emotional eating, & weight issues.

♥  I came across this cookbook, when we were in Seattle last week.
I want it.
The pictures & layout flaunt the beauty of vegetables.
I *want* it!

♥  Are you like me & have a brain freeze whenever someone says:  baby shower gift?
I’m always humming & hawing, never knowing quite what to gift, even though I’ve kids of my own.  Here are some great ideas  (I especially love the chew bead necklace–brilliant!).

♥  Asher said the funniest thing the other day.
I was helping the boys clean & organize their room–put away toys, books, fold & put away clothes.

“You know boys, you’re going to have a lot more responsability now that dad will be gone.  Do you know what responsability means, Hyrum?”

Hyrum rolled his eyes, mumbled a few incoherent words, & whined:  ”I do, but I don’t know how to say it.”

I turned to Asher & said, “Do you know what responsability means Asher?”

No hesitation.  ”Yes,” he grumbled.  ”It just means you have to do more stuff without any help.”

♥  (lots) to pin:
gf strawberry cobbler
(use non-dairy milk & butter to veganize)

no-bake strawberry pie

zucchini noodles & avocado miso sauce
“raw noodles” how-to

citrus & spice smoothie
butternut squash & chickpea patties
grilled eggplant w/ herbed quinoa

roasted beets
chickpea cashew tomato sauce
creamed kale

This week, hope you find many reasons to celebrate & find joy in the day to day.

Thanks for coming to Bring Joy today!
Did you know I’m also on Twitter, Pinterest, & Facebook?
Have a question for me, or just want to say hello, send me an email.
I always love hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments

on August 28, 2012 at 11:22 am said:

Boy, that would really be tough. I would cry too. It will be great to count down the days, and i do agree that it will be nice to just do things your way for a few months….not that it’s worth trading in your husband for, but at least it will be a nice side perk :) I hope the time goes quickly for you and that you enjoy this special time with your kids.

2. on August 27, 2012 at 10:52 pm said:

Best of luck to you during this temporary situation! Relishing in your independence is a great way to turn this into something positive! Gorgeous pics… the rainbow is beautiful!

• on August 27, 2012 at 11:28 pm said:

Thank you Stephanie. Yes, independence is nice (not as good as interdependence, but hey, we do what we can). I was thrilled about coming across such a beautiful rainbow & having my camera to capture the moment.

3. on August 27, 2012 at 8:17 pm said:

Janae, it sounds like you are going to do just fine (although you will undoubtedly have your moments where you feel otherwise!).

Another positive: Just think of the joyous reunion in a few months’ time! :)

• on August 27, 2012 at 9:28 pm said:

Yes! The reunion. Oh, that’s gonna be good. Thanks for the positive thoughts!

4. Joy
    on August 27, 2012 at 4:34 pm said:

Good luck, Janae! You’re so strong and you can definitely do it. In fact, I have no doubt you could run a small country on your own. :) Let me know if you ever need someone to vent/talk to. That’s what this community exists for, right? Xo

• on August 27, 2012 at 5:11 pm said:

Joy, you rock. I think your confidence in me may be misplaced, but I’ve found we are often much stronger than we think, so I may just surprise myself yet.

Thanks for offering your “ear.” I’m pretty sure I will need to take you up on it!

5. Sabrina
    on August 27, 2012 at 4:28 pm said:

Best of luck during your separation. I would cry a lot if I had to say goodbye for that long. I hope it flies by quickly for you!

• on August 27, 2012 at 5:08 pm said:

Thank you Sabrina. I think nights will be the hardest, & keeping busy will help the time fly by.

On a side note, I always love hearing from you Sabrina. I think you’re one of my first, & most loyal readers. Thanks for that.

6. on August 27, 2012 at 12:35 pm said:

We do have a life in wich my partner regularly leave for a few weeks… or a few months… No routine! And… I can decide everything. Love that!

• on August 27, 2012 at 5:06 pm said:

Yes, there are some perks to temporary separation, aren’t there? I think it’s great too, because we can both pursue personal interests, work on self-development, & when it’s time to reunite, we’ll both be better for it.

7. on August 27, 2012 at 12:03 pm said:

I’ll be thinking of you in the coming weeks! I can’t even imagine all that you are feeling right now. You are a strong woman and will come through this time even stronger. And what an exciting time waiting for you on the other side!

• on August 27, 2012 at 12:05 pm said:

Thank you Wendy. I think it would be much, much more difficult without the support of my family. I have so much support from them. I’m very grateful for that. Thank you for thinking of me.