SRT12: Utah

Turns out, there’s not a lot of time blog when on a road trip.  Who knew?

I suppose my posts for the next few weeks will have to be rather raw & uncut.

No editing, no filters.  Just images from our trip & some commentary.  I don’t have a lot of time, but I want to stay connected with you & let you in on our little world of travels & adventure.

While in Idaho, we went to Bear World.

It’s a wild-life drive through, just right off of West Yellowstone Park.  Kinda funny, because at the end of the “drive-thru” (where we got to see black bears, moose, deer, elk), there was a small amusement park.  Not sure what kiddie rides have to do with wild animals, but the kids liked it.

Got to see lots of bears (hence the “bear” in Bear World).

Loved the little guys, who were so rambunctious, & wrestled with each other the whole time.

There were some other wildlife there, too.

Hyrum petting the chickens.  (That’s what we like to do, pet chickens, not eat them.)

Asher & Salem feeding a deer.

Aunt Alice & Salem.

We went out to eat at a Mexican restaraunt.

Our first pick was a Mongolian grill (where they stir fry all your veggies, noodles, &/or meat/tofu).  But once we realized they didn’t offer tofu, we were outta there.

We went to Garcia’s instead.  The kids got bean burritos & rice.  I ordered a fish taco, without the fish, added black beans, held the aioli, with a side of pinapple salsa & whole pinto beans.

Yesterday, we drove to Provo.  On our way there, we stopped at City Creek, an outdoor mall in Salt Lake City.

If you ever get the chance, you must visit City Creek.  It is one of the most ecologically friendly/green malls in the U.S., with lots of natural terrain & water built into the design.

There’s a creek that runs through mall.

On the sky bridge, that connects the two halves of the mall.

We ate dinner at the food court.  The kids shared all of this–spaghetti, fresh melon, steamed veggies, a breadstick, & potatoes, all from Sbarro.

I got a fresh, made-to-order salad from Salads-to-Go (isn’t that a great restaurant?).

Mixed greens, chopped romaine, spinach, shredded carrots, cucumbers, celery, black beans, cherry tomatoes, with a baslamic vinaigrette dressing.  Only $6.

When we got to our home in Provo, the kids were thrilled to be out of the car.  Turned on the sprinklers, & enjoyed getting wet for awhile.

Today Joseph has been packing up our remaining belongings to put in our storage unit.
I think I may have a fetish for mirrors & wicker storage baskets, don’t you think?

Sad to see my kitchen look so bare.

The kids & I went to a water park today.  This afternoon we’ll hit up a few parks, maybe the library, just try to stay out of Joseph’s way while he packs.  More about our plans & details about our house, next post.

Comments

1. Courtney
    on August 1, 2012 at 8:44 pm said:

Kids and sprinklers!! So cute!

2. Clare
    on August 1, 2012 at 1:45 pm said:

You crack me up, I love this – “That’s what we like to do, pet chickens, not eat them.” So great 🙂 City Creek sounds awesome, I would love to see that! And I love your mirror and basket collection… good stuff!

3. Caralyn @ glutenfreehappytummy
    on July 27, 2012 at 9:56 am said:

how fun!! that sprinkler picture is so cute:)

4. Sara
    on July 27, 2012 at 7:04 am said:

I can’t believe the Mongolian place didn’t offer tofu! What gives!? Great pics of your super cute kids. Looks like they’re having a great time. I just clicked over to the kitchen post and I love your floors! I look forward to reading about what is in store for you and your family.

5. Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit
    on July 27, 2012 at 6:49 am said:

Your children are the cutest! My gosh, love these pictures. Thanks for taking us on the road trip with you.

I don’t enjoy packing in the least, great that your husband did most of it for you… I’m not sure Kevin would ever be willing to do that. He’s more of a sorting kinda guy so it would take him 100 years to pack boxes. Everything would have to be meticulously done. No time when you’re moving!

6. Leanne
    on July 26, 2012 at 10:28 pm said:

Love hearing about your road trip! Happy to hear that hubby did most of the packing, what a great guy! Thats what mine would have done…send me and the kiddos on our way 🙂

7. Dana
    on July 26, 2012 at 9:18 pm said:

I love the picture of Hyrum petting the chicken! Perfect. Looks like you are having a lot of great adventures on your road trip. And yes, it is so sad to see your house after you’ve packed it up. I’ve had many a wistful last look as I’ve closed the door behind me. But- onward to new adventures! And your kitchen picture sure had what was most important in it- those beautiful babes of yours. Hope the packing continues to go well and glad you got water park duty instead. Somebody has a teriffic hubby!

8. Dreena Burton
    on July 26, 2012 at 5:19 pm said:

gosh your kidlets are CUTE!!! I thought you just moved? Are you moving again??? *such work*

on July 27, 2012 at 3:26 pm said:

We moved up to WA but left our home which still had a lot of our stuff in it. We’re in limbo since we’re waiting for Joseph to go to bootcamp next month. While he’s in Alabama, we’ll be in Washington. In December, when he’s done with his training, we’ll be moving to our more permanent location–San Antonio. Until then, we’re clearing out our home, putting everything in storage, traveling, then returning to our temporary location w/ family, in Washington. Confusing, I know. It’s hard for ME to keep things straight!