MM: Marvelous Mondays, Roadtrip

Did I tell you, we’re going on an 18 day road trip?

3,000+ miles, 8 states, 4 kids, 2 adults, 1 mini-van.

I’m excited to share with you all the places we’re going to visit, & our adventures along the way.

We’re getting ready to go this morning, so I don’t have much time to post, but I it wouldn’t be Monday without another edition of Marvelous Mondays.

Remember last week’s edition where I share 16 of my favorite blogs?

This week, I’ve got some more great links lined up for you.

Here we go.

♥  In case you missed it, posts from this weekend:  I jumped (a video of me jumping into some icy cascade waters) & what’s in a vegan kitchen?, a video resurrected from the early days of the blog.

♥  Do you like once-a-month cooking, or freezer meals?  Here’s a list of delicious vegan freezer meals (my ginger soup is on the list!)  that will save you time in the kitchen & is easy on the budget.

♥  Great summer reading list, for all ages.

♥  Once I get my sewing machine back, I’m making this little contraption to keep the books in our car organized.

♥  Choco-holic?  I think this site may contain the answer to naturally, serving your cravings.

♥  This site makes me want to live more simply.  Not sure if that is possible with a brain like mine, but I certainly aspire to it.

♥  9 varieties of vanilla beans?  Wowzers.  Thanks Averie, for the recommend.

♥  Speaking of vanilla.  Did you know today is National Vanilla Ice cream Day?  Who knew there was such a thing?  Check out other quirky holidays, here, & make sure you don’t miss things like National Lasagna Day (July 29), National Watermelon Day (August 3), or National Chocolate Chip Day (August 4).

♥  Need a vanilla ice cream recipe to celebrate today?  My recipe for vanilla bean ice cream & Hailey, from Daily Bites, also has a good one, using macadamia nuts.

♥  Sayings I need to memorize before I move down south.

♥  Are you a mom, & do you work for pay?  You may want to read this.

♥  A delicious allergy-friendly, easy-to-make, tabbouleh.  (soy-free, nut-free, grain-free, vegan!)

♥  A pop-up dinner party sounds like so much fun, don’t you think?

My workout of the week (45 minutes):

Having a hard time finding time to workout?  Sneak in your workouts throughout your day (for a total of 45 minutes), or do a straight shot, one after another.

Cardio Intervals (18 minutes),

Arms (7 minutes),

Pilates legs (10 minutes),

& Solid Abs (9 minutes)

What was your favorite road trip?  Any tips on how to make it more fun & memorable?   Tips on taking a long road trip with kids (this is our first *real* road trip with kids, can you believe it?)?

BRING JOY TO YOUR INBOX.

Get my regular updates--a roundup of extra tips & recipes for bringing more joy to living that I don't share on the blog. A list of my most recent posts so you're always up to date + other good stuff, like special savings on bring joy ebooks & products.* (It's 100% awesome, 100% FREE.)

*This is not the same as receiving my blog posts by email. These updates are full of exclusive, not-on-the-blog content.

Comments

1. Helene
    on July 24, 2012 at 11:11 am said:

Thanks for the link! Your red lentil soup is delicious! (And off-topic, I love your 5-minute ab workout video – I’ve done it twice in the past week).

Have a great trip!

on July 24, 2012 at 11:26 am said:

You’re welcome, you created a great list & helpful hints for freezer meals, so thank YOU!

2. Louise
    on July 23, 2012 at 10:07 pm said:

18 day road trip?!! Have fun, be safe & stay sane!! =P I know you guys will have fun! Pictures!!

3. Dana
    on July 23, 2012 at 9:15 pm said:

Wait- you were leaving this morning on your road trip and you still found time to post? You are such a wonder-woman! Incredible. When we go away for a weekend, with just two kids, it takes me three days to pack in advance and then we still go crazy doing 600 last minute things before we finally roll out the driveway. Don’t get me started on how many more days it takes us to unpack and get all the crumbs out from under the car seats.
    Thanks for the links and for your work out tips. You always find such interesting sites for us to check out. I appreciate it!! Hope you have a safe and memorable (in a good way!) trip. Can’t wait to hear the stories.

on July 24, 2012 at 11:32 am said:

Yes, only made possible by all working together, & of course, my A-mazing husband who oversees it all. It is quite the production, to get out the door. But, fortunately, we have very few belongings with us & not a lot of car space, so that limited how much we were able to pack.

I’m glad you like the links, I know I come across way more than I’m able to share (too much good information out there, I tell ya!).

Hope to be able to find time to post & share about our travels. So far, so good! As always, thanks for taking the time to make my day, Dana :)

4. Meg in Progress
    on July 23, 2012 at 2:27 pm said:

The work outs for throughout the day! YES! Thank you!

Also loved the vegan kitchen video. I know this is ridiculous but when I hear vegan I often think starvation. SO UNEDUCATED OF ME. I know. But it is absolutely my gut instinct when it comes to that lifestyle choice. Your kitchen was stocked beautifully and healthfully and COMPLETELY. Totally knocked any preconceived notions to the floor.

And I loved that jump. Totally inspiring.

on July 24, 2012 at 11:43 am said:

Meg, yes, I can do snippets of exercise throughout the day. It’s hardest to find huge chunks of time.

About your vegan comment, haha. If you only knew the appetite I have. Definitely NOT a starvation diet, but I totally understand the thought (I used to think the same way too!).

& that jump was something else. Memorable.

5. Anne @ Modern Mrs Darcy
    on July 23, 2012 at 1:28 pm said:

Thanks for the mention!

Your summer sounds a lot like ours: road trip, 4 kids, 2 adults, 1 minivan. Except we’re only covering half your mileage :)

Happy travels!

on July 24, 2012 at 11:41 am said:

Of course! Yours is one of my new latest fave daily reads.

Thank you, & hope you enjoy your trip as well.

6. Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit
    on July 23, 2012 at 12:50 pm said:

Thanks for the linkage, lady! I didn’t know you were going on this trip THAT fast! Wowza. Have I told you you’re a brave one? I can’t wait to hear about all the fun experiences you and the family have along the way.

Also, 9 different vanilla beans? What the heck! I’m so behind the times.

on July 23, 2012 at 12:52 pm said:

Leanne, I know, I had no idea that there were NINE varieties (probably more). So cool, right?

Yes, we’re going to have plenty of good times, I’m sure!