We miss our old library.
To say we are all a bit obsessed with books, & places where they are housed, would be an understatement.
A few Saturday’s back, after a family get together about an hour away from home in a much bigger city than Sunnyside, we spotted a library. We had to stop.
This library is about 10 times bigger than the one room library we have in Sunnyside.
There is a spacious area just for kids (I love you library people who are so smart to create a whole area for kids, it’s like you guys are brilliant or something)–a few educational toys, computers for little fingers, open spaces, bright colorful rugs, small comfy chairs.
We could easily spend a few hours in a library like this.
I loved that they had some art, too. Don’t you love mobiles?
The kid’s have an expectation to go to the library at least once, or twice a week. To be surrounded by books is a comforting thing to them. And me. Lots of creativity & ideas, stories, pictures. Makes me fill more alive just being there.
Prior to the library, we had a luncheon with family as part of my niece Kia’s baptism.
1. Quinoa bean salad, one of my go to faves. Perfect for a luncheon. It’s a stand-alone dish or great side accompaniment.
2. A rainy day (unusual in the summer, in this dry side of Washington). Good thing we were under an awning.
3. Lucy, my sister-in-law’s mother. She’s from Chile & comes every summer for 3 months to visit. Some of my brothers in the background.
4. Lucy made this cake. She is knows how to bake & make just about everything. Fresh & from scratch is her style.
5. Look close at all the layers! Isn’t it beautiful? Lots of work.
6. One my many nieces, Aileen.
What’s your home away from home?