New Fitworkout Video: 5 Minute Abs

5 Minute Ab Workout Video

Have 5 minutes?

Perfect.

That’s all you need to trim your tummy & build a stronger core, in no time.

One of the across the board requests I get is for more ab workouts.  Everyone, especially women, desire a strong, lean core.

If you’ve had a baby (or 2, or, 3, or 4, like me!), you know you have to work extra hard at getting your stomach strength back.  If you’ve just had a baby, wait 6 weeks or until you have your medical professional’s clearance, to exercise & challenge your abs.  It’s important to give them proper time to heal.

You CAN have a strong, toned stomach, even after childbirth.  Remember to be consistent (3-5 times a week, about 60 minutes of core exercises a week), make sure you’re doing other forms of cardio & strength exercises, & pay attention to your diet.

Do this video once, twice, or if you’re extra ambitious, 3 times in a row for added benefit.

Want a more complete workout?

35 minute workout:

♦  start with a warm-up

♦  12 minute cardio or 6 minute kickboxing

♦  followed by 6 minutes of total body toning

♦ end with the abs workout below

Coming up:  I have a new 7 minute total body workout with weights.

What exercises would you like to see next?  I’ll try to include them in my next video, so let your voice be heard!

BRING JOY TO YOUR INBOX.

Get my regular updates--a roundup of extra tips & recipes for bringing more joy to living that I don't share on the blog. A list of my most recent posts so you're always up to date + other good stuff, like special savings on bring joy ebooks & products.* (It's 100% awesome, 100% FREE.)

*This is not the same as receiving my blog posts by email. These updates are full of exclusive, not-on-the-blog content.

Comments

1. Emily
    on March 27, 2014 at 8:35 am said:

Just tried this workout (totally dominated my abs!) and the 12 minute cardio. Loved them both- thanks for sharing! 7 more pounds until my goal weight (post baby #3) and I’m trying to push to the finish line :)

on March 27, 2014 at 8:39 am said:

Yay! Way to go Emily. The last little bit is always the hardest to lose (in my experience) because there’s very little wiggle room. Glad you liked.

2. Sharon@DiscoverExploreLearn
    on June 28, 2012 at 10:55 am said:

I LOVE this !! Just what I’ve been looking for…quick, effective, and fun ! Thanks so much for sharing !

3. Carly
    on June 27, 2012 at 12:45 pm said:

I so need to do this! I just had my 4th and need a workout!

on June 27, 2012 at 1:25 pm said:

Congrats on your 4th! It’s a huge milestone & great accomplishment.

Be easy on yourself–those ab muscles have been through a lot. It may take some time, but you can get your old strength back :)

4. Becca
    on June 27, 2012 at 12:23 pm said:

Nice video! Another arm workout would be wonderful and some cool down/stretching. And maybe one using tubes? Merci :)!

on June 27, 2012 at 12:31 pm said:

Ooh, how I love arm workouts, of course I can whip something up along those lines.

A cool-down video is a brilliant idea. Most people skip this (I know I do, especially when I’m in a hurry), but stretching is an important part of the process.

I’d like to do more videos using equipment, but I’m just not sure what kind people have. I know most people have weights…I’ve used everything from BOSU’s to medi-balls, stability balls, fitness circles, steps….The exer-tube is a great one, I think I can definitely do that.

5. Anna @ The Guiltless Life
    on June 27, 2012 at 10:36 am said:

I love that you post workout videos! These are awesome – and your site is adorable, love the design!

on June 27, 2012 at 10:57 am said:

Thank you Anna.

6. Louise
    on June 27, 2012 at 8:50 am said:

Love this vid. The girls and I have been so busy this summer, and I really do, only have 5 minutes! Gonna do this today, and tweet u how it went! Thanks for sharing lady!

on June 27, 2012 at 10:22 am said:

Louise, I totally know what you mean–sometimes 5 minutes is ALL you’ve got for exercise. 5 minutes is better than nothing. When you have little people to care for, time is even more precious & demanding. Look forward to your tweet ;).

7. Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit
    on June 27, 2012 at 8:20 am said:

Oh my gosh, how talented are you?! Every time I visit I discover more and more of your talents. I had no idea you had workout videos. Ah! I love this.

on June 27, 2012 at 10:24 am said:

You are sweet Leanne.

I’m actually a group fitness instructor & have been teaching A LOT the past 6 years. I’m in a bit of transition as Joseph embarks on his career, so I need to get creative with my passion for teaching. YouTube videos are great b/c I can do from anywhere.

8. Crystal
    on June 26, 2012 at 10:30 pm said:

Um, Wow! That was great. Thanks!

on June 27, 2012 at 10:25 am said:

Thank YOU, glad you liked it.

9. Caralyn @ glutenfreehappytummy
    on June 26, 2012 at 9:30 pm said:

i love 5 minute abs! my friends and i used to do those during commercial breaks of the OC in high school! hahah

on June 27, 2012 at 10:26 am said:

Yes, it’s amazing how those commercial breaks add up–20 minutes for every hour–you can get a lot in if you make the most of the commercials.