6 Months

Some women have really cute pregnant bellys. You know, round, like a little basketball, and everyone wants to touch it. I really feel confident in saying I’m not one of those, which fortunately doesn’t put me in the category of most-touchable pregnant belly. Mine’s more like a watermelon.

When pregnant I shun tight clothes, especially the bigger I get. I embrace the tent-like drapery that counts for the lot of the maternity clothes out there. And black. Somehow I feel more elegant in anything black.

I’m a little shy about the whole “belly” picture thing, but here a few pictures taken yesterday before we went to church (no, we don’t always look this good! usually I’m wearing workout clothes and my hair is pulled back).

Me and my baby girl #1: Baby girl #2, hiding behind the drapery.. … awaiting her entrance into the world in approximately 3 months.

BRING JOY TO YOUR INBOX.

Get my regular updates--a roundup of extra tips & recipes for bringing more joy to living that I don't share on the blog. A list of my most recent posts so you're always up to date + other good stuff, like special savings on bring joy ebooks & products.* (It's 100% awesome, 100% FREE.)

*This is not the same as receiving my blog posts by email. These updates are full of exclusive, not-on-the-blog content.

Comments

1. Whole Foods Vegan Momma
    on November 12, 2010 at 7:39 pm said:

JulieMichelle:Congrats! That is so exciting! As far as my diet goes during pregnancy, I don't change much. Biggest difference is in the 3rd trimester I notice I eat more (take in more calories) and crave higher calorie foods. I do have a few posts on what I eat, so check those out. Pretty much here's what I eat in a day: lots of cooked and raw veggies, especially greens, grains (oatmeal & quinoa are current favorites, mostly because they are quick) or tubers (any type of potato, yam, sweet potato) with nearly every meal, one or two cups of beans/peas a day, one or two pieces of fruit, some plant milk or soy yogurt, nuts/seeds (almonds, walnuts, and hempseeds are faves right now) of some kind and anything else that sounds good! I try to limit sweets, but I've found I can't be too restrictive right now, otherwise I go CRAZY! Other than that I take a b-12 supplement daily. I think that covers the basics. PLENTY of calcium, plenty of protein, no worries if you're going to eat this way.

2. JulieMichelle
    on November 12, 2010 at 5:19 pm said:

Yes, I agree with everyone else that you are a beautiful mommy :)!! I've just started really diving into the vegan/vegetarian lifestyle and I just found out I'm preggo with baby #….. 4!!!AAAHHHH So, doctors wan't to talk you into eating lots of dairy and protien but I really don't want to do that…. would you mind sharing with me what your typical daily diet is like for you while preggo or do you already have a post like that on your blog? Good luck to you and your new little one on the way!Julie

3. Anonymous
    on November 10, 2010 at 7:34 pm said:

You look beautiful :) I love the pictures of you with your daughter(s).Take care!lfwfv

4. Whole Foods Vegan Momma
    on November 10, 2010 at 6:21 pm said:

Ah shucks guys. Thanks for the uplifting comments. Ya know, as women we are too hard on ourselves aren't we? We need to definitely build each other up, cause we all need the lift!Dreena: I don't really feel "cute," although I love feeling the baby move and I like that now I look more pregnant, not just chubby. The hardest part of pregnancy right now is the appetite control thing. Some serious hormones must be in play here, because there is a definite difference between non-pregnant appetite and and pregnant appetite. My cravings for sweets have started to kick in…I'd love to make every one of your mouthwatering desserts in your ED & BV cookbook (I'm sure my family would LOVE that, but my backside wouldn't).

5. kitchenrecovery
    on November 10, 2010 at 2:48 am said:

You look like a beautiful, glowing, pregnant mama! I just love belly pics, but I'm jealous! :)

6. Dreena
    on November 10, 2010 at 2:03 am said:

I think you look positively beautiful! With my pregnancies, I recall feeling off and on with my 'cuteness' at different weeks or days. Maybe it's a hormonal thing, or maybe we just have a more critical eye of ourselves. I will tell you from the outside perspective looking at your photos here, you look stunning. I hope you feel that way most days, or start to. And, I bet if you exposed that belly a little more, you'd find plenty of roaming hands wanting to touch that cute bump! ;)

7. Joya
    on November 8, 2010 at 10:33 pm said:

Beautiful pics!! I never really was excited to have my pics taken when I was pregnant either but I love looking back on them.:)